Bike Burlington's Annual Food Drive on Two Wheels!
Joining a nationwide effort, come be a part of this annual gathering of friends, family, and community collecting food and toiletries for the St. Vincent DePaul of St. John’s Church and City Hope's The Cupboard food pantries in Burlington, IA!
- Date: Saturday, November 5, 2023
- Time: 10 a.m.
- Where: Ride starts & ends at Mazzio’s Italian Eatery (616 S. Roosevelt Ave, Burlington, IA)
- Ride Details: At Mazzio’s, cyclists will be given a suggested list of items to be purchased at local area stores. Riders are encouraged to bring about $15-20 for their purchases and a bag/backpack to carry these items. Once all purchases are made, participants return to Mazzio’s with their goods and are invited to stay for lunch and fun door prizes on behalf of Bike Burlington.
- Route: There is no pre-determined route, however, many riders travel together from store to store.
- Helmet & Lights: A helmet is required for participation; bike lights are strongly encouraged.
In the event of inclement weather, this event may be canceled but typically people bundle up & ride on! Please call Bickel’s Cycling & Fitness (319-754-4410) or check the Facebook Event Page to confirm ride status.
Here's What's Needed
Any and all support is always welcomed, even if you can't ride! Here's a list of items we are looking to gather. Obviously, shop at your own discretion at an amount you are able to contribute. Drop off the items at Mazzios and join the club for lunch!
Shampoo / Conditioner
Toothbrushes / Toothpaste
Canned Soup (w/ meat)
Cooking Soups (cream of mushroom, cream of celery)
Canned Meats (tuna, chicken, pork)
Canned Vegetables (corn, green beans)
Cereal (corn flakes)
Rice / Noodles / Instant Potatoes
Mac n' Cheese
Brownies / Cake Mixes / Puddings / Fruit Snacks
Cash Donations are always accepted, too!